Pistachio & Cardamom Cookies
1. Using an electric mixer, beat Earth Balance and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy, about 2 to 3 min. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Stir in milk, lemon zest and pistachios. Sift in flour and cardamom.
2. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Remove mixture from refrigerator and make tbsp-size dough balls.
4. Place dough balls on a cookie sheet 1 ½-inches ( 4 cm) apart. Flatten lightly with fingers and bake 13 to 15 min, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
1 cup (225 g) Earth Balance, at room temperature
¾ cup (150 g) evaporated cane sugar
1 tsp ( 5 ml) vanilla extract
¼ cup (60 ml) almond milk
1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
⅓ cup (40 g) chopped pistachio nuts
2 ⅔ (335 g) cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cardamom
1 Cookie (30 g): 140 calories, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 2 g protein. Makes 36 Cookies
Coconut Panna Cotta
¾ cup (180 ml) cream of coconut
¾ cup (180 ml) light coconut milk
¼ tsp coconut extract
½ packet of vegan gelatin mix,
unsweetened and unflavored
2 tbsp cold water
⅓ cup (50 g) frozen mixed berries
½ cup (120 ml) hot water (or more)
½ cup (100 g) evaporated cane sugar
1 tsp almond extract
5 fresh strawberries, minced, for garnish
¼ cup (25 g) toasted coconut, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, heat cream of coconut, coconut
milk and coconut extract to a simmer over medium-high
heat. In a medium bowl, mix gelatin and cold water until
2. Add the gelatin mixture to the coconut mixture and
whisk, until well dissolved. Simmer 3 more min.
3. Pour coconut mixture into six small ramekins and cover
with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to set.
HEALTH KIT HEALTH KIT
1 Cookie (30 g): 140 calories, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat,
0 mg cholesterol, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 2 g
protein. Makes 36 Cookies